The fourth annual Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Food & Wine took place September 29 – October 2, 2011. Once again, 100% of the net proceeds of the Festival benefit charity. The Festival benefits the Food Bank For New York City, an organization dedicated to fighting hunger in the five boroughs. It is a national nonprofit working to end childhood hunger in America. In 2010, the Festival raised more than $1.2 million for these charities, helping them better provide for those they serve and closing the gap on hunger in our country.
The highlight of the event was the The Grand Tasting presented by ShopRite. It was held at the historic Pier 57, with beautiful views of the Hudson River. The Grand Tasting was one of the first events held in the unique newly opened event space. And grand it was! The event offered access to culinary demonstrations from top celebrity chefs, culinary showcases for any foodie including all-day tastings provided by NYC’s top restaurants and chefs.
The food was accompanied by fine wine and spirits from the Southern Wine & Spirits of New York portfolio along with 12 daily cooking demonstrations from beloved Food Network talent, all under one roof. The KitchenAid Culinary Demonstrations presented by Buitoni will featured two continuously running stages with celebrity chefs showcasing their talent live. It was a rare opportunity to see your favorite personalities out of the kitchen and up close as they demonstrate their techniques and personalities for an intimate live audience.
There were appearances by top chefs like Andrew Zimmern, Pat and Gina Neely, Kazuhiko Hashimoto, Paula Deen, Rocco DiSpirito, Giada De Laurentiis, Guy Fieri and more.
- North Square Restaurant Yoel Cruz www.northsquareny.com
- One if by Land Two if by Sea Colt Taylor www.oneifbyland.com
- rebar Jeremy Leech www.rebarnyc.com
- Baked By Melissa www.bakedbymelissa.com
- Blue Print Cleanse www.blueprintcleanse.com
- CookieZen, LLC www.cookiesandcorks.com
- DelGrosso Foods www.delgrossosauce.com
- 21 Club John Greeley www.21club.com
- Accademia di Vino Kevin Garcia www.accademiadivino.com
- Blue Water Grill Eric Woods www.bluewatergrillnyc.com
- Brasserie Beaumarchais David E. Diaz www.brasseriebeaumarchais.com
Although they will be hosting events in other cities, sadly the festival will not return to New York until next year – so don’t miss it!