SATURDAY & SUNDAY
JUNE 15TH & 16TH
AUGUST 17TH & 18TH, 2013
(rain dates June 29th & 30th and Sept. 14th & 15th)
11:00AM to 5:00PM
Get the Gilt City exclusive ticket packages! Limited tickets available, go here!
Advance General Admission tickets: $30 available here
Tickets at the door: $35 Cash Only
Only Advance General Admission and Gilt City ticket-holders are guaranteed admission to the event.
Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invite you to the beloved Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island. Now in its eighth year, the event has become the quintessential outdoor celebration of the Jazz Age and its living legacy
Under a canopy of century-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, a sprawling green surrounded by historic architecture is the setting for this trip through time – a dream of the 1920s nestled right in the heart of New York Harbor.
Widely anticipated by flappers, sporting gents and tiny tots alike, the event has been revered year after year by The New York Times, The New Yorker and countless media around the globe.
A delightful array of offerings abound throughout the day, including:
- MICHAEL ARENELLA AND HIS DREAMLAND ORCHESTRA the world’s premier Jazz Age dance band, specializing in the Hot-Jazz of the 1920s. Conductor, composer, musician and singer Michael Arenella presents a personally transcribed songbook for your listening and dancing pleasure
- THE DREAMLAND FOLLIES an Art Deco spectacle evokes Ziegfield-esque grandeur
- RODDY CARAVELLA AND THE CANARSIE WOBBLERS this fun-loving dance troupe conjures the rebellious yet exuberant spirit of Roaring ’20s youth
- GELBER & MANNING feuding vaudevillian lovebirds quarrel, coo and make beautiful music together
- QUEEN ESTHER her vocals pay tribute to jazz royalty of yore
- PETER MINTUN world’s greatest piano man
- THE MINSKY SISTERS tap dance darlings delight with fancy footwork
- ANTIQUE GRAMOPHONES with DJ Mac and Michael W. Haar bring to life original recordings from the 1920s
- DANCE LESSONS learn the hottest dance steps of the time
- VINTAGE PORTRAITS you ought to be in pictures, snapped in our Sweetheart Booth or perched upon our Paper Moon
- BATHING BEAUTIES AND BEAUS PROMENADE pull that itchy wool number out of the closet and parade it for all to admire
- 1920s MOTORCAR EXHIBITION get up close and personal with flivvers and Tin Lizzies
- TUG O’ WAR categories include ladies, gents, co-ed and kids
- CHARLESTON DANCE CONTEST see who’s the Bee’s Knees in this lighthearted dance off
- THE HIGH COURT OF PIE CONTEST categories include “Mom’s Best” “Best Savory” “Most Original” and “Hobo’s Choice” (For entry email [email protected]
by June 14th)
- KIDLAND carnival games and prizes for junior gents and flapperettes
- NEWLY EXPANDED wooden dance floor set up right on the lawn!
- ST-GERMAIN ELDERFLOWER LIQUEUR presents a variety of refreshing cocktails and sangria
- BROOKLYN BREWERY BEER, old fashioned lemonade, soda, juices, water, iced coffee and tea to whet your whistle
- GOURMET FOOD MENU featuring an assortment of freshly prepared, era-inspired entrées and picnic fare along with treats and snacks including ice cream, hot popped corn and more!
- VINTAGE CLOTHING VENDORS AND ARTISANS a veritable village of lost treasures and inspired creations to take home
- DREAMLAND GENERAL STORE for your comfort and convenience offering blankets, parasols, hand fans and assorted sundries