Big Apple Barbecue Block Party Returns to Madison Square Park!
June 13-14, 2015
Madison Square Park Conservancy, Big Apple Barbecue Block Party, and partners C3 Presents and chef Tim Love are pleased to announce the 13th annual event’s return to Madison Square Park, June 13-14, 2015.
Featuring 17 of the country’s most acclaimed pitmasters, Big Apple Barbecue Block Party is a free-to-attend weekend-long celebration of the craftsmanship of authentic pit barbecue and its Southern culinary traditions, benefitting the Madison Square Park Conservancy, which is responsible for the ongoing stewardship of the Park.
VIP BigPiggin’ passes on sale now at www.bigapplebbq.org.
Big Apple Barbecue Block Party is FREE to attend; only the VIP area requires a pre-purchased pass to access. Over 140,000 locals and visitors are expected to come out for a taste of authentic, award-winning barbecue and Southern-inspired fare from the country’s top pitmasters, listed below. New options this year include an enhanced VIP BigPiggin’ Pass and the opportunity for attendees to pay for food and merchandise using cash or credit card.
The 2015 Big Apple Barbecue Block Party Pitmasters are scheduled to include:
- Jean-Paul Bourgeois:Blue Smoke (New York, NY)
- Billy Durney:Hometown Bar-B-Que (Red Hook, NY)
- Mike Emerson:Pappy’s Smokehouse (St. Louis, MO)
- Charles Grund, Jr.:Hill Country Barbecue Market (New York, NY)
- Jimmy Hagood:BlackJack Barbecue (Charleston, SC)
- Samuel Jones:Skylight Inn (Ayden, NC)
- Chris Lilly:Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q (Decatur, AL)
- Tim Love:The Woodshed Smokehouse (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
- Patrick Martin:Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint (Nashville, TN)
- Mike Mills:17th Street Bar & Grill (Murphysboro, IL)
- Wayne Mueller:Louie Mueller Barbecue (Taylor, TX)
- Brad Orrison:The Shed Barbeque & Blues Joint (Ocean Springs, MS)
- Drew Robinson:Jim N’ Nick’s Bar-B-Q (Birmingham, AL)
- Scott Roberts:The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que (Driftwood, TX)
- Garry Roark:Ubon’s Barbeque of Yazoo (Yazoo City, MS)
- John Stage:Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (New York, NY)
- John Wheeler:Memphis Barbecue Co. (Horn Lake, MS)
Additionally, based on feedback from guests and event attendees, the FastPass has been discontinued to allow for a more streamlined and efficient experience for all guests. “The FastPass was originally designed to expedite lines, but with the ability to accept and process credit cards more quickly than the pre-loaded passes, we felt it was time to reassess this option,” says event partner Tim Love. “Removing the FastPass line will allow us to improve the service flow and offer a more enjoyable experience for all attendees.”
The VIP BigPiggin’ hospitality pass is $275 per person, per day, and the pass includes:
- Entrance to a reserved area of Madison Square Park
- Opportunity to meet the pitmasters each day, who will hand deliver samples of the barbecue being served at their rigs
- An all-day catered buffet of Southern-inspired cuisine by Creative Edge Parties
- Complimentary beer, wine and specialty libations
- Access to air-conditioned restrooms
- Shady lounge seating
- Giveaways, games and more
For more information or updates, please visit www.bigapplebbq.org, or follow us on Instagram @bigapplebbq, Twitter @bigbarbecue and Facebook.com/bigbbqblockparty.