Welcome to LUCKYRICE!
Do you love Asian food? If so, you’ve come to the right place! As your online resource to the Asian culinary world, we have slurped (and burped!) our way through countless meals to present you with top recommendations of favorite recipes and eateries, from simple hole-in-the-wall noodle joints that we can’t live without to sublime shrines to raw fish that cost more than a roundtrip ticket to Tokyo.
But, even more, LUCKYRICE is an open network of Asian culinary enthusiasts. Come along and be our culinary partner. Inspire us with your kitchen table wisdom: What do you eat with sriracha? What’s the best all-you-can-eat Indian buffet in town? What wines pair best with Korean BBQ? We want to know!
Join us as we explore culinary adventures of tastings, workshops, discussions, and… more tastings!!
- Engage in conversation about Buddhist cuisine with Chefs Eric Ripert and David Chang, along with Buddhist authority, Dr. Robert Thurman, at the Rubin Museum of Art.
- The Archway Under the Manhattan Bridge in DUMBO transforms into an Asian Night Market! Host David Chang will be there to guide you through.
- Get your best American Idol impression ready as you prepare to karaoke and taste sake with Chef Morimoto!!
- Learn how to make your own delicious dumplings with a workshop by Anita Lo.
- Lisa Ling hosts a grand feast at the Mandarin Oriental!
- It’s no ordinary tea party with afternoon tea and Asian dessert pairings with Chef Pichet Ong.
- The VIP opening night reception at the Bowery Hotel, with cocktails galore!
And just when you think you’ve had enough: May 3rd through May 9th will be the LUCKYRICE Restaurant Week!
Enjoy specially-designed (and priced!) menus at these Asian and Asian-inspired restaurants selected by the LUCKYRICE Culinary Council. More restaurants and participants to be announced, so keep checking back!