Spa Week is coming up next week nation-wide, and we at Socially Superlative got a sneak preview on pampering ourselves at the Spa Week Media Party on Thursday, April 8th, 2010!
Held at the Prince George Ballroom, there were vendors set up inside with mini treatments, make-overs, and massages, along with Vibrant Rioja Wine and V2 Vodka tasting stations, passed and plated hor d’oeuvres, and a chocolate fondue table. Mmm, chocolate…
There was a Bare Escentuals make-up station giving complementary color matching or eye applications, along with mini-massage and mini-facial stations, and even an “energy” reader (huh?). There’s nothing like cleansing your physical (and emotional?) aura with some relaxing treatments, I suppose. Also, there was a large Dove tent set up, where they were giving cleansing treatments.
Wedding Channel had a booth set up with mini cupcakes to taste, next to the already overflowing dessert table. What better way to treat a stressed-out bride than with a relaxing spa treatment? Or a gift to treat your devoted bridesmaids? Hint hint!
As if the event wasn’t enough, guests got to leave with a ginormously heavy gift bag – brimming with spa-related contents, of course! Most of the stuff I will probably never end up using and will be collecting dust on my shelf, so if anyone is willing to raid my apartment, be my guest. There were tons and tons of hair products, for treating the hair on your head and for getting rid of unwanted hair elsewhere, along with facial cleansers, nail polish, spa certificates, even towels and flip flops. Here’s a list of what was weighing me down:
- Mint naturally flavored water watermelon flavored water
- Itely Purity Design pure water drops for hair shine
- Foot Petals cooling gel
- Insta-Smooth Pods and Pure Scent-sation hair removal products by Sally Hansen
- The Cure 24/7 by White Sands
- Nailpolish from Dashing Diva and SpaRitual
- Buxom Lip Polish and Mineral Veil face powder and face brush by Bare Escentuals
- Shampoo and conditioner from Palmer’s
- Smooth Away hair remover
- Bring It Up breast lifts
- Pond’s exfoliating cloths, razor and Dove deodorant kit
- Febreze to-go fabric spray
- TheraPearl cooling eye pack
- Caswell-Massey cool cucumber eye pads
- Flip flops by OKA b.
- Hair care products from Pureology, Scruples, Ecru New York, and La Brasiliana
- Completely Bare bikini wax or laser hair removal session
- Courtney Akai session for lash extensions
- Membership to Suze Orman’s Save Yourself Retirement Program with Ameritrade
- $10 off your next order with 3floz.com (use SPAWEEK10 at checkout!)
Whew! I think that was all most of it??
If you couldn’t make it to the party to snag these goodies, you can still benefit from Spa Week with their great deals for $50!
From April 12th through the 18th, book an appointment with Spa Week and snatch some great deals for $50! From facials, manicures and pedicures (ever heard of a chocolate manicure?? They’ve got them!), to deep exfoliations, hair treatments, waxing, massages, body wraps, laser hair removals – they’ve got it all, and more!
They even have great giveaways, so be sure to enter for your chance to win these great prizes. Check for listings in New York, but you can tell all your less fortunate friends that don’t live in NYC because this deal extends nationwide to most major cities.
P.S. Don’t be deceived by the Smooth Away infomercial – it doesn’t work!! At all!
P.P.S. And the Bring It Up breast lifts totally weirded me out at first – but after watching the video, I’m dying to find out if they really stay up like that?! Can anyone confirm??
P.P.P.S. Any other product reviews to add?
About Spa Week
Spa Week is your ticket to the most exclusive spas in North America! We have partnerships with thousands of spas in the United States and Canada, giving you the inside scoop on great spa deals and discounts for day spas and resort spas across the country.
Plan the ultimate spa vacation at world-class resorts, or make your wedding day even more memorable with bridal getaways at spas featuring things to do for the entire wedding party. No matter what kind of spa retreat you’re planning, we have the spa directory to help you find the perfect spa for you!