Battery Maritime Building, Slip 7, South St.
New York, NY
|THE 5th BI-ANNUAL JAZZ AGE LAWN PARTY
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, JULY 17th & 18th and AUGUST 28th & 29th 2010
11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Admission $7/advance, $10/door (Children Under 7 Free)
Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invites you to join us on this hidden gem just off the southeastern tip of Manhattan, nestled in the heart of majestic New York Harbor.
Under a shady grove of centuries-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, a sprawling green surrounded by historic officers’ quarters and 18th century naval ramparts becomes the setting for a true Gatsby affair. A recession-friendly $7 advance admission gives you access to one of the Summers’ most magnificent celebrations.
Widely anticipated by flappers, sporting gents and tiny tots alike, this event has been featured and reviewed consistently by The New York Times, who selected the Jazz Age Lawn Party as one of the top parties of 2009.
A wide array of music, food & drink, and activities are open for all ages to enjoy:
*Special guests Drew Nugent & the Midnight Society
* A delightful variety of refreshing cocktails will be served by St-Germain Elderflower Liquer and beer provided by Brooklyn Brewery.
* Bake Sale, including savory treats for those who forgot to pack a lunch!
* Authenitc ’78 records from the 1920s played on a phonograph provided by Michael Cumella of WFMU’s Antique Phonograph Music Program.
* Charleston lessons by dance legend Roddy Caravella
* 1920s Motorcar Exhibition – take a spin around the island in a genuine rumbleseat; hold on to your hat!
* Vintage clothing dealers and boutique milliners – They will all be peddling wares, so be sure to tuck some cash in your garter.
* Live dance performances
* Bathing Beauties & Beaus Promenade
* Tug O’ War
* Parade Of Hats
* Pie Recipe Contest
* AND MUCH MORE!
|Children under 12 free!
First 250 people to order tickets in advance get 1 free drink ticket!