The 2011 Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize is kicking off some exciting initiatives for upcoming international Fashion Weeks through October 5, 2011 from a new fashion season cocktail menu celebrating the five gifteddesigners shortlisted for the Prize to a limited time display showcasing their work at the redesigned Principe di Savoia Bar during Milan Fashion Week.
Fashion Prize Cocktails: This signature cocktail menu will be available during Europe’s upcoming fashion season exclusively at Dorchester Collection’s hotels in leading fashion capitals: 45 Park Lane and The Dorchester in London, Hotel Principe di Savoia in Milan and Le Meurice and Hôtel Plaza Athénée in Paris. To create cocktails which exemplify the spirit of their work, the 2011 shortlist collaborated with celebrated Dorchester Collection bar managers. For example, Thierry Hernandez of Hôtel Plaza Athénée mixed the “Anndra Neen Ruby,” a red mescal-based drink inspired by the Mexican heritage of Anndra Neen’s Phoebe and Annette Stephens while Siki Im and Stefano Cossio at the newly launched 45 Park Lane created “Silent Thunderbird,” a heady concoction involving Maker’s Mark Bourbon and a shot of espresso.
- Principe Bar Fashion Gallery: Hotel Principe di Savoia in Milan is debuting a limited-time display by each of the five shortlisted designers of the 2011 Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize, during the height of the fashion season through Oct. 5, 2011. The designer display will be available at the Principe Bar, which was recently redesigned by internationally acclaimed designer, Thierry Despont. Located in glass vitrines above the velvet seating area, guests and patrons will have the opportunity to view the diverse styles of each shortlisted designer:
- Anndra Neen: an Egyptian and Japanese-influenced mixed-metal jewelry line, founded by sisters Phoebe and Annette Stephens
- Giulietta: Impeccable women’s wear with a dash of whimsy, designed by Florentine native Sofia Sizzi
- Julian Louie: Self-named collection of unexpected textures and brilliant silhouettes
- Setareh Mohtarez: Otherworldly and cutting-edge feminine looks with classic elegance
- Siki Im: Menswear blurring the lines between masculine and feminine attire, by former Karl Lagerfeld and Helmut Lang protégé
In launching its inaugural Fashion Prize in 2010, Dorchester Collection became the first luxury hotel group to bestow a fashion award. The judges of the 2011 Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize, taking place in New York, include Giovanna Battaglia, internationally acclaimed fashion editor; Derek Blasberg, editor and best-selling author; Thom Browne, award-winning menswear designer; Francisco Costa, women’s creative director of Calvin Klein Collection; Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, co-founders of Marchesa; Shala Monroque, fashion and art Consultant; Elizabeth Saltzman, Vanity Fair contributing editor; and Lauren Santo Domingo, Moda Operadi co-founder and creative director. This autumn, they will award one gifted designer from the 2011 shortlist with US $40,000 to develop their brand, in addition to the rare opportunity to display their work during Paris Fashion Week in 2012 at Hôtel Plaza Athénée.