March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day may not actually mean anything in Ireland, but for us in NYC and the entirety of the US, it means that we all don green and pretend we are all Irish for one day of getting shwasted.
This year, St. Patrick’s Day, falls on a Saturday, an epic day of the week for any holiday to fall on, as it means weekend-long celebrations. Which begs the question: How are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day?
Our friends over at MurphGuide always know how to have a good time, and on SPD is no exception. Some of the highlights we like:
- Start the day off right with the Green Breakfast of Champions: Kegs and Eggs at SideBAR.
- Watch Ireland take down England in their Where to Watch 6-Nations Rugby in NYC list.
- Head to The Bell House in Brooklyn for the Saint Patrick’s Day For Sinners : All-Redhead Burlesque Revue & Party. Redheads get in free!
If you’re not commital and like to bar hop, we recommend the Luck of the Irish New York City Pub Crawl:
Not only do you have the option of crawling to a slew of different bars across our great city, you can do it over the span of 3 days. With your ticket, you get access to a ton of drink specials, including
- $1 [10oz] domestic draft ($3 after 9pm)
- $2 domestic bottle ($4 after 9pm)
- $3 well drinks ($5 after 9pm)
- $4 Jameson’s ($6 after 9pm)
This year’s Luck of the Irish pub crawl in NYC might be the biggest yet!
Speaking of the biggest party ever – we are joining Guinness in breaking the World Record for the Largest St. Patrick’s Day Celebration!
Wouldn’t you like to be commemorated in the largest St. Patrick’s Day celebration EVER??
Guinness is planning on setting a World Record for the World’s Biggest St. Patrick’s Day Party! Socially Superlative, along with 49 other websites and blogs across our great nation, has teamed up with Guinness to get YOU – our dear readers – celebrating with us and Guinness.
Head to www.Guinness.com and click “Join the Party” to find more about the festive party and sign the pledge. Enter the referral code SOSP and you’ll be on your way to being registered! You can also register to win a trip to Dublin!
And remember, for St. Patrick’s Day and for all parties, remember to celebrate responsibly.