Last week the Junior Committee for the New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children threw their annual Spring Benefit, hosting the city’s social set to raise money for the NYSPCC’s Trauma Recovery Program. These young philanthropists assume social responsibility each year to financially support the efforts of the agency: helping children heal from abuse and neglect, and helping families grow stronger.
Set inside the Dream Downtown, guests mingled amongst tables chock full of amazing silent auction items including beach getaways, custom wardrobes, sparkling jewels and highly-coveted toys like the new iPad. Even though it was raining outdoors and the poolside event had to be moved inside, it was still a fun scene thanks to the ingenious architectural design of the hotel featuring “portholes” in the ceiling looking up into the swimming pool.
Silent Auction Supporters and their goods:
- Tekserve and Small Dog Electronics – iPad 3
- Nespresso – Nespresso Pixie Machine + Tasting Box
- Victor de Souza – Victor de Souza original garment
- Christopher Breck – Deepdale Golf Club Outing for 4
- AMOREPACIFIC – AMOREPACIFIC Skin-perfecting Set
- Betel Bar & Kitchen – 10 Course Tasting Menu for 2 with wine
- Crossfit — one month’s membership
- Blissworld LLC – Bliss Products
- Vanessa Martin – SIN Workouts Concierge Fitness Service
- Mustela – Mustela Baby Products
- KEP Designs – Earrings by KEP Designs
- Naomi Weinstock – Metropolitan Opera Experience (2 Prime Orchestra tickets to a show in 12/13 Season, backstage tour, season book, CD or DVD)
- NBC Universal – VIP Behind the Scenes at NBC’s Football Night in America and 4 Tickets to “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”
- Dr. Anne Truong — teeth whitening session
- Soul Cycle – 5 Spin Classes at any location in NYC
- Roberta Freymann – “Orange and White Evora” Necklace
- Robert Matina – 2 Tickets to PGA Barclays with CBS Sports Announcer Meet & Greet
- Susan Briendel – Half-Day Fashion Styling with Susan Briendel
- Dana Faith – Dana Faith Necklace
As with every fabulous event at the Dream, the hors d’oeuvres were mouth-watering and plentiful. Their amazing ‘tuna tartar in a cone’ appetizer is always a big hit, and the sliders were everyone’s favorite snack to wash down the passed glasses of white wine spritzers and beach inspired drinks. All that was missing was the sun!
While the DJ played all the hottest songs for the Memorial Day weekend (unofficial) start to summer, attendees couldn’t help but notice the party going on next door for Maxim’s Hot 100. Some of the celebs even stepped over to the NYSPCC party to take a peek at the auction items. We spied Maksim from Dancing with the Stars checking out the lovely ladies!
Founded in 1875, the New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is the first child protective agency in the world. Through various programs, the agency meets the urgent needs of New York’s most vulnerable children. Make sure you put this event on your calendar for next year and help support an amazing cause with a great night on the town!
Photos by Annie Watt