Meat Week NYC Returns November 3rd-11th, 2012
Featuring Adirondack Grazers
In celebration of the farmers, markets, and chefs who bring sustainable meat to our tables, Meat Week NYC (November 3rd-11th) will feature tastings, parties, butchering and cooking demos, market tours, and discussion panels.
Produced by Food Karma Projects (producers of Pig Island, Cook Out NYC, Brisket King NYC) in collaboration with Food Systems Network NYC, Slow Food and Just Food, Meat Week NYC centers on local chefs, butchers and regional farmers, including featured grass-fed beef co-op Adirondack Grazers, a co-op of grass-fed beef farmers in Washington County.
Among the key events throughout November will be:
- Dickson’s Farmstand Meats will break down ½ side of beef from Adirondack Grazers on Monday, November 5th.
- Food Systems Network NYC’s annual meat panel (tentatively scheduled for November 7th).
- East Village Meat Market will be sampling cooked/smoked meats on Saturday, November 3rd and 10th.
- TheStone Barns Center for Food & Agriculturein Pocantico Hills, NY, will conduct several sustainable-meat-related tours on November 3rd-4th and 10th-11th.
- General meat demos at places such as Union Square Greenmarket, Brooklyn’s The Meat Hook, and Dickson’s Farmstand Meats, among others.
Plus, there will be the return of Modern Beefsteak & Spirits Celebration! On November 8th, at Hudson Terrace join Time Out NY and guest chefs Mary Cleaver, Ian Kapitan, and others TBA, for:
- A walk-around tasting event, featuring food prepared by five chefs working with the ½ steer broken down earlier in the week at Dickson’s Farmstand Meats;
- 12 indie spirits curated by Gregg Glaser (Modern Distillery Age);
- Craft beer, New York State wines and live music!
Updates, events calendar, ticket links, and more information are available at meatweeknyc.com.
Food Karma Projects is a creative producer of food and media events throughout the New York area. Created by Jimmy Carbone—a NYC-based restaurateur and dedicated social entrepreneur—Food Karma Projects’ unique events showcase the best local food, chefs, beer, and worthy non-profit groups. Recent projects have included: Pig Island, Taste of Tribeca (PR), Cook Out NYC, Brisket King of NYC, and Lopate and Locavores at WNYC Greene Space.