Are you totally stuffed from eating too much bird this holiday weekend? Need to go a little lighter this week to make up for that third helping of pumpkin pie?? Maybe it’s time you discover the new-and-improved Bamboo 52 Sushi Bar & Lounge in Hell’s Kitchen, one of the city’s hottest neighborhoods for food lovers.
There are a plethora of restaurants to choose from in the area, but where else will you get super-fresh sashimi, great drink specials, a DJ to entertain you AND a shiny disco ball over the sushi bar? Chef John Greco is making sure you think of Bamboo 52 whenever you want a designer roll, with his wide selection of just-flown-in seafood and tantalizing ingredients.
We love hanging out on the outdoor patio during warmer months, and the back room is always fun for a party or a large group dinner. Bamboo 52’s “Samurai Boats” are always a crowd-pleaser, feeding a handful of people and looking festive as well. But most of all….we love their drink specials! General Manager Jim Schmiedl has helped take this neighborhood gem to the next level with his inventive cocktail list and happy hour pricing that won’t kill your budget. Here are the highlights:
- Monday – $5 Margaritas and Sake Bombs
- Tuesday – $5 Sake Sangria + Karaoke Kraziness ensues at 9:30pm with your first drink on the house for those who get on the mic
- Wednesday – Ladies night means 2-for-1 drinks plus $1 oysters. DJ in the house!
- Thursday – $5 Mojitos and DJ J-Rock spins until 4am
- Friday – 2-for-1 signature cocktails, wells, wines and beer from 11am until 9pm
- Saturday – $5 Absoluts and DJ Devone plays all your 80’s faves
- Sunday – $5 Absoluts and wine/cheese tasting from 5-7pm
Lunch hour is also prime time to take advantage of Bamboo 52’s amazing midday specials. A bento box with choice of three items (plus miso soup or salad, a glass of sake AND dessert) start at only $12.95. Sushi lunches come with two rolls plus the extras for less than ten bucks! One of the best deals in the area.
Bamboo 52 is located at 344 West 52nd Street between 8th and 9th Avenue and is open weeknights until 2am to feed your late night cravings. Once the weekend rolls around, they stay open until 4am.