Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we challenge you to think outside of the (chocolate) box and instead of a dinner in a restaurant filled by strangers — try making a romantic, indulgent dinner for your sweetheart in the serenity of your own apartment.
This recipe for macaroni and cheese garnished with decadent black truffle and paired with DʼLuscious, a Demi-Sec Rosé, the newest release from Nicolas Feuillatte will show your love how decadent they make your life.
Black Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
Ingredients for 2 people
- 4 oz elbow pasta
- 1 oz or more!! Truffle, fresh or in tin (use only melanosporum)
- 1.5 oz truffle juice
- 3 oz bacon cut in lardons
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz grated comte cheese
- Sea salt and fresh crushed black peppercorn
- Cook the pasta in salty water for the time indicated on the pack minus 1 minute
- When cooked, cool pasta down with cold water. Set aside
- In a hot pan, sautée the lardons until light brown
- Add the chopped truffles and the truffle juice
- Add the pasta, and the cream
- Add the cheese and let melt a minute or 2
- Season with salt & pepper to taste, add fresh truffle shaving
About DʼLuscious: a Demi-Sec Rosé
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte announces the release of its newest champagne, DʼLuscious: a Demi-Sec Rosé that will be available in the U.S. nationally as of February 2014, just in time for Valentineʼs Day. Nicolas Feuillatte, one of Franceʼs youngest, trendiest and, by the numbers, most popular champagne producers, has created this cuvée to embody the bold and daring nature of the brand. DʼLuscious is rich, generous and flamboyant, perfect for spontaneous festivities involving complex and exotic foods.