Now that you’ve had your discount shopping fix from the big box chains on Black Friday, it’s time to set your sights on a more local venue for shopping. The Union Square Holiday Market is ready to help you check off your gift-giving list!
For over 20 years, The Union Square Holiday Market has been your one-stop shopping destination for handmade jewelry, socially-conscious accessories, custom artwork, and an array of yummy food & beverage treats. UrbanSpace, the company behind Madison Square Eats, is thrilled to bring new additions this year including a Little Brooklyn section and an art installation that facilitates charitable donations.
Check out the directory of vendors here: 2014 Union Square Holiday Market Directory
Some of our favorite shopping:
- City Bitz – creates accessories that incorporate photographs of NYC
- Josh Bach Ltd – offers high quality quirky accessories including NYC themed products
- 5th and Madison – soy candles and bath products that smell heavenly
- Pageant Prints – selling hard to find old prints and maps *and officially the longest running vendor at the market (clocking in with 19 years!)
- Brooklyn Brew Shop – easy to use beer making kits perfect for your small NYC apartment
Just a few of the food vendors include:
- Doughnuttery – hot sugared mini doughnuts and dipping sauces
- Arinicini Bros. – everyone loves their Sicilian rice balls
- Macaron Parlour – from Red Velvet macarons, to outrageous Cheetos flavor
- Momofuku Milk Bar – home style desserts and savory snacks from the 2012 James Beard Rising Star Chef of the Year
The market is open every night until 8pm except Sundays closing at 7pm. Stop by for lunch, shop till you drop, or just get swept up in the festive spirit. They are open every day until Christmas!
Photos by Erin Kestenbaum