The nightlife in New York is unlike any other but curating the perfect evening in this urban playground can be tedious, expensive and even frustrating. That’s where Take Me Out comes into play.
Everyone has come to know historic tours, walking tours, city sight tours, food tours and the famous Sex and the City tour but there hasn’t been a company that has captured the night tour sphere. Take Me Out focuses on providing guests the best in local nightlife in a VIP manner.
The tour that I was graciously invited to “test out” was the Mixology Tour but there are multiple options – some all focused on having a wicked good nighttime experience and others showing you the sites of the city
- East Village Bar Crawl – The East Village and Lower East Side is where you’ll find anyone under 30 on a weekend night and this tour will stop at three up and coming bars where you receive two for one drink specials.
- Mixology Tour – Whether you fancy yourself as a drink connoisseur, or simply prefer something a tad more exotic than the average G&T, this upscale, three-hour tour will take your senses to a whole new level as you experience unique and unusual recipes.
- Prohibition Tour – Step back in time to an era gone by, where 1920’s New York City was the place to be. The well-connected, ‘in-the-know’ guide take you through secret alleyways to inconspicuous doors, and with a password here or a secret knock there, you will be led to an underworld of the city’s most exclusive and well-hidden speakeasy bars.
- Girl’s Night Out – Ideal for a bachelorette party, birthday or just a memorable ‘girls only’ night out, the Girls Night Out Tours promises luxury, excitement and fun and is the perfect way to celebrate together with your best friends.
- Nightclub Tour – On Friday and Saturday nights, beginning at 10pm you will venture into 2 or 3 of the city’s most exclusive nightclubs and rooftop clubs in the Meatpacking District, Midtown or Chelsea.
- Rooftop Tour – The Rooftop Tour is the perfect way to take in the vast views before you whilst enjoying an incredible selection of cocktails from some of New York’s most sophisticated rooftop bars. These stunning and carefully selected rooftop venues are sure to impress.
- Party Tour Bus – This is no ordinary limo, it’s a nightclub on wheels! So bring a friend or 30! The bus is already stocked with drinks and the music is blaring by the time you arrive at the meeting place and hop aboard.
- Like a Local – Experience the best that New York City and Brooklyn have to offer with the highly curated, guided walking tours, From epicurean adventures to must-see sights, our unique and memorable tours are your one stop source to experiencing the hippest ‘hoods … like a local.
- Get up and Ride Bike Tour – Get Up and Ride is Brooklyn’s premier tour operator for fun, alternative, outdoor experiences and sightseeing tours on bikes. The tour focus is on the sites that are off the beaten path and showcase local art, urban marketplaces, beautiful parks, great food and interesting history.
The Mixology Tour began at an easy-to-locate meeting place near Union Square. A limo was waiting for our group to pile in and begin our journey to some of the top Mixology locations. In the limo we were liquored up with some on-point drinks mixed by our tour guide and founder of the company – Ori Mor.
The group got to know each other as we cruised to the first stop on our tour, The Skylark. This rooftop oasis has stunning views of the Empire State Building and Time Square along with an elegant interior façade. My drink of choice at the first top was The CoCo and it was the perfect combination of Prosecco, gin and strawberry. This was a more subdued bar so I got to speak to the owner and one of his employees who accompanies the trips to make sure everyone is having fun! He shared that many foreign travelers book his tours to experience the city and get in some of the harder to enter places/ones that have fees! These tours are truly great for locals and visitors.
After about an hour at The Skylark we jumped back in our limo, a bit more tipsy, and began our ride downtown to Bar Hugo – a lovely rooftop bar on the 20th floor with dramatic views of the Hudson River, Freedom Tower and Statue of Liberty, Hotel Hugo’s rooftop duplex bar and lounge sparkles like a bronze lantern atop a soaring, 20-story tower. The stunning views and the strong drinks made this the perfect second stop before we went to our last location, Bathtub Gin. One of the city’s Prohibition Era-style bar, this is a speakeasy where you have to go through a secret door to enter the bar. The low-lighting, bathtubs and lounge feel created a wonderful atmosphere to end the classy (of course) beverage-filled evening.
I’d ABSOUTLEY recommend this tour because let’s face it – planning a fun evening isn’t always… well fun. Take Me Out schleps you around the city like a celeb and puts you to the front of the line with no cover charge. Ori and his team know the city like the back of their hands, and make sure you have a memorable and seamless experience. I’d say it was A+ and I will be taking some of their other tours.
The tours from Take Me Out are available through their website or can be purchased on sites such as NewYork.com, a leading expert on everything pertaining to New York City and an online resource for in-depth New York City-focused content as well as bookings for travel, entertainment, and sightseeing.
– Lauren Wire