May was mental health awareness month, and as part of National Mental Health Awareness Month, Philosophy’s hope & grace initiative partnered with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to launch the #stigmafree campaign, a national effort focused on shattering the stereotypes associated with mental illness.
NAMI is the largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
On May 28th, E!’s Morgan Stewart hosted and was joined by Catt Sadler and Natasha Bedingfield to help spread awareness on this initiative at The District in Los Angeles.
In attendance included: Morgan Stewart, Catt Sadler, Natasha Bedingfield, EJ Johnson, Johnny Dubrel, Brendan Fitzpatrick, Rachel McCord, Ashley Keating, Colin Egglesfield, and many more!
- 1 in 5 Americans are affected by mental illness in a given year.
- Only 41% of adults in the U.S. with mental health condition received mental health services in the past year.
- 22 veterans die by suicide every day.
- Approx. 26% of homeless adults staying in shelters live with serious mental illness.
- Approx. 50% of students age 14 and older with a mental illness drop out of high school.
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death of our youth – 90% of those who die by suicide had an underlying mental illness.
Via Pivotal Public Relations, photos by Eric Charbaneou for A/P
Leave A Comment