Jimmy’s No. 43 is gearing up for fall with recurring weekend themes and tastings of great cask beers and ciders, including a fall Cider Week previewfeaturing some of Vermont’s best cider makers at Eden, Shacksbury and Citizen Ciders. It’s all leading up to our favorite beer event of the year, the 6thAnnual Battle of the Belgians, taking place on Sunday, December 6th.
Plus, we’re celebrating a decade doing business in the East Village with a 10th Anniversary party on Wednesday, October 14th! We’ll be welcoming special guests (brewers, beer authors, plus local beer celebrities) to mingle with all who want to come out and toast us. In addition to a private celebration in the back room, in the main part of the restaurant we’ll have a pay-as-you-go bash with some of our favorite Oregon Brewers: The Commons Brewery, Gigantic Brewing Company, and Occidental Brewing Company.
Among our featured events for fall:
- Cask Saturdays. Every Saturday at 1 PM we’re hitting the pins and tapping a cask. Autumn is perfect weather for fest beers from Germany, along with domestic cask ales. On October 17th, we’ll be adding on to Cask Saturday with “Cask 101” featuring Keg & Lantern Brewing Company. Meet the brewer and learn all about the nuanced art that is beer in a cask.
- “Lechon” Pig Sundays. On Sundays we serve up the whole hog direct from our new Tito King’s Kitchen at Jimmy’s No. 43. Pay by the plate and enjoy this remarkable dish along with sides and a specialty sauce. Available from 1 PM while supplies last.
- Private Parties. We recently underwent major renovations to the back room, which is the perfect place to throw a holiday party. If you haven’t checked it out recently, be sure to drop in and see the on-going Beer Portrait series by photographer Matt Coats in our “gallery”. Whether it’s dressing up for Halloween or putting together the perfect birthday bash (not to mention New Year’s Eve), we can offer everything from a la carte to fully catered affairs. E-mail to inquire.
- Vermont Cider Night. We’ll have a full week of cider programming when Cider Week NYC returns on November 6th-15th, but we’re getting a jump start on Saturday, October 24th, with cider makers from Vermont and live Americana music on the Backroom stage.
- Battle of the Belgians. Tickets are already selling quickly for our sixth annual event featuring three hours of walk-around sampling of some of the world’s best bottled beers paired against American draught Belgian-style ales.
And of course we’ll have all the best craft beer, ciders, wine and cocktails, not to mention our great line-up of dishes from Tito King’s Kitchen at Jimmy’s No. 43
We hope to see you this fall!