We’re excited to announce that the Summer Edition of Sumo Stew by The Brooklyn Kitchen is taking place at Brooklyn Brewery on Tuesday, July 19!
Inspired by The Brooklyn Kitchen’s founder, Harry Rosenblum’s many travels through Japan, Sumo Stew transforms the open warehouse space in the heart of Williamsburg into a cultural experience complete with a live stream of sumo matches from Japan, with nosh and sips perfect for the hot weather. There will be bowls of chilled beef chakonabe by chef Philip Gilmour of Moku Moku, and bento boxes curated by some of our favorite local chefs at Ramen Burger, EN Japanese Brasserie, Yakitori by Neal and The Crimson Sparrow.
All of this will be paired with plenty of sake, shochu, tea and Brooklyn Brewery draft beer, plus fluffy, chilled cream puffs by Patisserie Tomoko.
WHERE: Brooklyn Brewery at 79 N. 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249
WHEN: July 19, 2016 from 8 to 11pm
WHAT: Live, streamed professional sumo matches along with a bento box that includes (subject to change):
- Hiyashi Chuuka (cold ramen) from Ramen Burger
- Kinoko Kiriboshi Daikon Ohitashi (sundried daikon and assorted Japanese mushrooms in chilled dashi) from EN Japanese Brasserie
- Grilled Chicken Thigh with Yakitori Tare from Yakitori by Neal
- Pork Belly, Garlic, Ginger, Scallion from The Crimson Sparrow
- Chilled beef chankonabe by chef Philip Gilmour of Moku MokuSake, Shochu, whisky, tea and beers on tap from Brooklyn Brewery
- Cream puffs by Patisserie Tomoko
COST: $50 (grants each participant a bento box, bowl of chankonabe, beer token, and two drink tickets to be used for a taste of sake, shochu or whisky); tickets available here
A portion of the proceeds will be donated towards relief efforts helping those affected by the recent Kumamoto earthquakes in Japan.