New to Kips Bay, The Shake and Burger Bar is an inconspicuous bar serving up a fierce selection of craft beers, signature burgers and Instagram worthy milkshakes.
From the outside the restaurant looks clean-cut and welcoming, yet unassuming that it will deliver elevated bar food.
Once inside you are transported to a modern sports bar vibe married with timeless sports imagery and funky food-inspired paintings. The bar area is slightly separated from the main dining area which boasts wall booths and high-top tables allowing sports-lovers easy television viewing.
Grab your friends and head over for a sports game, happy hour drinks or some of top notch grub which we taste tested for you:
- Onion Rings: Batter or bust when it comes to onion rings, and these are perfectly crisp and coated with breading. The side of kickin bayou sauce adds to the flavor with spicy and cream.
- Garden Salad: If you feel you need some greens in your life the garden salad is the way to go. It’s a healthy portion since it’s not an appetizer, but recommend getting it for the table to share as a prelude to the main meal.
- Loaded French: Served in a mason jar and topped with sour cream and chives, the Belgian style fries are placed atop a pool of gooey homemade cheese.
- ALSO RECOMMENDED: Deep Fried Pickles or Jumbo Bavarian Pretzel
- Mac N Cheese Burger: Get your camera ready for a cheese pull. Why choose between Mac N Cheese and burger meat when they can be combined? The truffle Mac N Cheese explodes out of the juicy, thick burger making for a messy and delicious meal. Thick cut bacon graces the burger to add one more layer of flavoring.
- Sweet Potato N Spinach Burger: A walk on the healthier side without losing the flavor. Visually appealing with the orange of the sweet potato and green of the spinach creating a fresh marbled patty. It’s the way to satisfy a burger craving without the meat.
- ALSO RECOMMENDED: Stuffed Burger or Caribbean Burger — try the activated charcoal bun
Shake Your Way to Dessert:
- The Salty Nut: A peanut lover’s paradise. This milkshake is a well calculated combination of salty and sweet, chewing and sipping. The creamy peanut butter milkshake is adorned with cookies, cupcakes, crushed pretzels and icing.
- ALSO RECOMMENDED: Cinnamon Toast Crunch or any of the Drunken Shakes
– Lauren Wire
The Shake and Burger Bar
344 3rd Avenue
btw. 25th and 26th Street
New York, NY 10010