TYPE OF EVENT
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Le Dîner en Blanc returns to to Boston on Saturday, September 9, 2017! This marks the fourth time Boston will host the world renowned secret posh picnic, which is held in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries.
Over 2,500 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts are expected at September’s spectacular secret affair, which transforms an undisclosed public space whose location is revealed just minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
Registration to participate happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for guests who sign up on the waiting list.
Sign-up now at: boston.dinerenblanc.com/register.
Local hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc Boston, Samantha Kanter, Anna Berezina and Kelly Early,are leading the way, organizing over 40 volunteers to help bring this exciting tradition to life in their hometown. The team fell in love with the concept at previous events (Boston Children’s Museum’s Waterfront Terrace in 2016; Boston City Hall Plaza in 2015; Moakley Federal Courthouse in 2013), and are looking forward to adding their own local flair this fall.
On the evening of September 9, bystanders will witness groups of guests dressed in whitegathering at specific rallying points across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will meet at these assigned locations and travel together to converge on one of thecity’s most beautiful settings. Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparkler wands to encourage guests to get up, mingle and dance. When, at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up their belongings and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as stay true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Massachusetts regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. Guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests must meet at their assigned departure location and are escorted by a Le Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Le Dîner en Blanc guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs and a white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- Picnic baskets by local food partners (to be announced soon) can be pre-ordered and picked up on site. Guests choosing this option must reserve online through the Le Dîner en Blanc e-store during the registration process.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, visit boston.dinerenblanc.com.
Le Dîner en Blanc Boston gratefully acknowledges Kobrand Wines as the exclusive wine and Champagne Taittinger as the exclusive Champagne for the event of the 2017 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc in Boston.
[sharing tagline="Share this event!" title="Le Dîner en Blanc Boston" link="https://www.sociallysuperlative.com/events/le-diner-en-blanc-boston/" description="" backgroundcolor=""][/sharing]