TYPE OF EVENT
Sunday, April 10th, 2016
1:00 to 4:00 pm
The Bowery Hotel
$55 Early Bird/$65 General Admission
Sandwiches are the best — they let you shove your favorite foods into your face without the need for forks and knives, and that deserves to be honored in the most gluttonous way possible.
That’s why we rounded up the city’s very best examples of mouth missiles and brought them together for one glorious celebration, complete with cocktails and beer, that we’re calling Hall of Heroes. Feast your eyes on the festivities.
– Alidoro: The Italian Sandwich (Prosciutto, soppressata, mozzarella fresher than Will Smith, sweet roasted peppers, and olive paste)
– Cafe Habana: The Cuban Sandwich (House-marinated roasted pork, sliced ham, swiss, and garlic dill pickles, all dripping with chipotle mayo and pressed on a roll)
– Fresh Salt: The Meatloaf Sandwich (Homemade meatloaf slider piled high with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and mouth-zinging horseradish mayo)
– Luke’s Lobster: Maine-Style Seafood Roll Sandwich (Seafood sandwiches loaded with fresh lobster, crab, or shrimp (pro-tip: eat all three)
– Melt Shop: The BLT Sandwich (Cola-braised pork belly, Bibb lettuce, fried green tomato, and avocado, topped with truffle mayo)
– Sticky’s Finger Joint: The Spicy Chicken Sandwich (Chicken fingers, pickles, Sticky’s sauce, homemade purple slaw, and a healthy dose of hot sauce on a potato bun)
– Whitmans: The Cheesesteak Sandwich (Beef Chip steak buried with sautéed onions and covered with melted cheese on a toasted hoagie roll)
– The Jam Stand: The PB&J Sandwich (The childhood classic you thought you knew, reinvented with local house-made jam)
– & More!
[sharing tagline="Share this event!" title="Thrillist’s Hall of Heroes" link="https://www.sociallysuperlative.com/events/thrillists-hall-of-heroes/" description="" backgroundcolor=""][/sharing]