We kicked off the holiday season early this year by celebrating the 8th annual Holiday Spirits Bazaar, hosted by The Dizzy Fizz at Astor Center.
The sold-out event feature over 25 cocktails and punches to go along with the holiday theme. Guests chatted up each of the bartenders who gave detailed explanations of their concoctions in an effort to win the top honor of being the People’s Choice winner.
While everyone enjoyed the bevs, graceful ballerinas from Shien Artists performed for the crowd while DJ Tomas Delos Reyes pumped up the crowd with lively beats.
All guests enjoyed an array of cheese and charcuterie from Stinky Brooklyn throughout the evening, and VIP guests got a bonus hour of cocktails along with Bluepoint Oysters catered by Eddie’s Oysters.
Some of the delicious cocktails included:
- La Vie En Rose, with Don Papa 7-year rum, champagne, grapefruit juice, Fever Tree tonic, rose water, and bitters
- The St. Lucian Sparkler with Chairmans Rum, apple cider, lime, betters, cava, and thyme syrup
- The Copa Europa with Poland Select Wodka, Amaro Lucano, Montanaro Bianco Vermouth, lemon juice, simple syrup, Fantinel Prosecco, orange slices, cranberries, and topped with a rosemary garnish
- The Spytail’s Punch with Spytail Rum, lime, lemon, and grapefruit juices, bitters, and a cinnamon stick garnish
- Harvest Moon with Johnny Walker Red Label, apple cider syrup, lemon juice, Fever Tree ginger beer, and a lemon peel
- Rum and Raisin with Diplomatico Rum, fig preserve, lemon juice, and agave nectar
- Chronic Munrosis No. 3 served warm with Hendrick’s Gin, apple juice, Mandarin juice, Rooibos tea, hibiscus syrup, and lemon juice
- The Spiced Old Fashioned with Westward American Single Malt, spiced demerara sugar, and orange oil
In the end, the winner of the evening was the Northern Spice Cider made with Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, Union Mezcal, chai ginger cordial, lemon juice, POM Wonderful, and apple cider. What really made the cherry on top were the salty caramel Crown cupcakes they served with Crown Royal salted buttercream frosting. Congratulations!
With each ticket, a portion the proceeds went to benefit the Children’s Aid Society, a non-profit supporting some of NYC’s neediest children.
For all of the recipes from the event, check out holidayspiritsbazaar.com/
Photos by Stephanie Mei-Ling/The Dizzy Fizz and by Socially Superlative